Meeting Minutes for Hampden Aquatic Club (HAC) on August 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Roll Call: Janet Butterfield, Denyse Miskin, Jenn O’Donnell, Deb Bennett, Terrie Evans, Lauren Harris, Kristi Houston, Tony Maggio
Approval of Meeting Minutes: Denyse made a motion to approve the July meeting minutes. Kristi second the motion. All in favor and the minutes from the July meeting were approved.
Report of the Board Members
- There will be an official treasurer’s report at the next meeting.
- Tom Ducharme’s senior gift was delivered by Janet.
- Deb made a motion to do nothing with the laptops at this time. This includes updating them or donating them. Kristi second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed.
- The 503 status is in progress.
- Kristia is looking into the insurance for board members.
- Kristia is working on the sales tax exemption which will be of no cost to the club.
- Create a WSY agreement for non-club member swimmers.
- Tony made a motion to wait on having Melanie Little join the board. Terrie second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed. We will revisit this in January.
- We will reach out to Paul Frownfelter who showed interest in being a member on his survey.
- Janet made a motion to hold meetings on the 3rd Monday of the month excluding December. Deb second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed. Janet will cancel meetings if there is nothing to talk about in that month.
- We reviewed the survey results (see handouts). The team saw 2 goals that were set from last year: More membership growth – we saw this in 2015 and Coaching – saw improvement in 2015
- The volunteering will now be on the HAC website.
- According to the bi-laws we need two members of the board on the account. Janet made a motion to have Kristia’s name on the bank account. Tony second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed. Lauren made a motion to add Denyse to the bank account. Terrie second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed. Lauren made a motion to use Janet’s address on the financial paperwork. Terrie second the motion. All in favor and the motion passed. In summary: Kristia and Denyse are signers on the Citizen’s Bank account and all paperwork will be sent to Janet’s address.
Tasks were assigned to the board as follows:
- Assign To Determine next steps for laptops with Windows XP – Complete
- Consider Corporate Sponsors vs Fundraising – Open
- Consider a special rate to entice High School swimmers to our club – Open
- 2016 Team Logo – Review options – Open
- 2016 Team Budget due in Sept 2016 by Kristia
- Establish Membership rates for 2016 season in Sept 2015 by Board
- Attend Fall CASL meeting in Sep 2015 by Janet/Denyse
- Establish 5 yr. equipment replacement plan in Oct 2015 by UNASSIGNED
- Set up Meet and Greet dates at WSY in Oct 2015 by Mike
- Provide Jeremy information for pool brochure in Oct 2015 by Janet
- Create promotion flyer for distribution in Nov 2015 by Lauren
- Reserve facilities for practice (WSY, Hampden) in Nov 2015 by Janet
- Reserve facility for home meets in Nov 2015 by Janet
- Registration Form on website Jan 2016 by Tony
- Finalize Registration Form for distribution in Jan 2016 by Heather
- Update Parent Handbook with 2016 information in Jan 2016 by Terrie
- Update website with 2016 information in Jan 2016in by Tony
- Set up Social events and establish dates in Feb 2016 by Kristi/Denyse
- Establish Practice schedule in Feb 2016 by Mike
- Announce coaching staff for summer team in Feb 2016 by Mike
- Coordinate promotion flyer distribution for local schools in Mar 2016 by Terri
- Reserve pool facility for social events in Mar 2016 by Janet
- Reserve Pavilion and pool for End of Season party in Mar 2016 by Janet
- Decide on Team Suit vendor and order supplies in Mar 2016 by Deb
- Decide on Team Picture vendor and schedule date in Mar 2016 by Kristi
- Purchase ribbons for 2016 home meets in Mar 2016 by Janet
- Decide on Team fundraising ideas and schedule dates in Mar 2016 by Lauren/Deb
- Plan Meet and Greet activities in Apr 2016 by Kristi/Denyse
- Create Welcome Newsletter with 2016 information in Apr 2016 by Jenn
- Receive applicants for life guards including Head Lifeguard in Apr 2016
- Attend Spring CASL meeting in May 2016 by Janet
- Design Team T-shirt in May 2016
- Coordinate Parent Volunteers in Jun 2016
- Design Team gift in Jun 2016
- Establish Concession Signups in Jun 2016 by Lauren
- Plan End of Season party in Jul 2016 by Kristi/Denyse
- Update website with 2016 information by Tony
- Email Contact Us representative by Jenn
- Parent Volunteer Clearances in Jun 2016 by Denyse
Janet motioned to adjourn the meeting. Kristi second the motion. All in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:47pm.
Minutes submitted by Jenn O’Donnell on 8/26/15.